First Steps are Big Steps

I love writing. I've been writing since I learned I could make my own stories, and I started an epic (I'll finish it eventually, but there's, like, research involved, don't rush me) when I was around 10 - 11. I still want to finish it even though it's basically Avatar the Last Air Bender, but I can make some changes it's fine and I will. I finished my Seeker trilogy a few months ago and am just waiting on the publisher to get back to me. Which I'm sure they will. Eventually.

That said, I haven't been writing. At all. It was a struggle to finish my trilogy, a real struggle, and since starting it I was diagnosed with depression, had a terrible psych, started counseling, got a much better psych, got medicated (hallelujah, better living through chemistry) but... I still don't want to write. Not like I used to. (In the time since starting the first book I also changed jobs four times, moved twice, started dating, got married, adopted a second dog... yeah.)

I've finally started coming up with a few ideas again, and I always enjoy talking them out, but I can't get myself to commit them to the page. My sister recommended I start this blog as a change of pace. It's closer to talking to people than writing a regular random scene would be, and maybe I'll get some gratification feedback. Only thing to do is try it out, so here's the first post. Fingers crossed for many more.

Comments

  1. So you had a transfusion and replaced the ink in your veins with "normal" human blood? Who''m I gonna look up to as a rĂ´le model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shit, you were looking up to me? I was looking up to you. Crap... WHO'S DRIVING?!?!

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea and I really hope that it helps you to get back into the habit of writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Partners in Magic

And now for something completely different...

The Broken Hiatus