And BREAK!

But not really. I'm pretty stuck with Venice. I need to go over some writing notes from my class and see where I want to take it and what's missing. I want to do some writing tonight, but I'm not sure where to go and what to work on. This is an acknowledgement that I'm allowed to not know.

I finished Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I'm excited to start the sequel Siege and Storm. I love getting to sit inside a new world for a little while. It's hard to finish a book and know that's it. You're done. The characters have finished their quest, fulfilled their duty. It's jarring. Life isn't like that at all.

When you get the big job or move into the new house and all of your planning and plotting has come to its conclusion it just... continues. No swell of John Williams's French horns. Wouldn't it be nice if there was? Like damn, give me a minute to appreciate it all before I'm back to the grind, yeah?

I exercised today. It's been quite a while since I last did that, and I have a fairly simple routine. I've managed to stretch every morning (and one evening) for the last week and a half but today was the first morning I managed to also exercise and it felt SO GOOD. Still, no brass section. I'm trying to hold onto that feeling of accomplishment to convince myself to do it again tomorrow. Or at least Saturday. Every other day is acceptable, right? Of course it is. They're my goals.

All I'm saying is a little bit of orchestral swell would be... swell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Partners in Magic

And now for something completely different...

The Broken Hiatus